About the Journal
Editorial policy of the Dominican Journal of Physics
The Dominican Journal of Physics, as the editorial body of the Dominican Physics Society, intends to contribute to the consolidation of the research activity in Physics in the Dominican Republic. The Journal, committed to the training of scientists and consolidated experts, is set as an international platform in which results of excellence in all areas of Physics are presented.
The language can be English or Spanish, but given the international nature of the Journal, English is strongly recommended.
The Dominican Journal of Physics is published every 6 months and is accessible through the journal website https://www.sodofi.org/revistas/rdf
The Dominican Journal of Physics publishes the following types of research articles:
- Articles that present original results in the field of Physics
- Review articles, which present original analysis of knowledge on specific topics of Physics
- Comments: short articles that comment on the results obtained by other authors
All articles are preliminary evaluated by the Editorial Committee, which reserves the right to verify whether the articles conform to the Journal's lines of interest and meet the necessary requirements of a scientific article.
After the preliminary evaluation, the articles are evaluated using the peer review system, through international, independent and anonymous experts. The acceptance of an article does not imply its immediate publication. The Journal reserves the final decision for publication, as well as the volume in which the accepted originals will be published. The results of the evaluation process can be one of the following options:
- If the article obtains two positive reviewer reports, the work may be published as long as its content is compatible with the times, editorial and thematic lines that the Journal dictates at the time.
- If the reviewer reports contain mandatory changes subject to re-submission, the authors must promptly address the observations, additions, corrections, extensions or clarifications suggested by the reviewers. The authors will have a maximum of thirty days as a limit to make corrections. Once the article is corrected following the recommendations, it will be submitted, and the Editor may decide on the acceptance, or send the new version to the reviewers so that they decide on the acceptance.
- Two negative reviewer reports will cancel the possibility of publishing the proposed article, considering it rejected.
- In the case of a positive and a negative reviewer reports, the article will be turned to a third reviewer and the Editor will evaluate the acceptance considering the three reports.
- The result of the reports will be transmitted to the authors within a maximum period of five days, from the date of receipt of the last report, together with the comments, suggestions and observations of the reviewers.
The content of the reports is confidential for internal use by the Journal and the authors. In the event of a conflict, complaint or disagreement on the part of the author regarding the final result of the evaluation process, it will be the function of the Editorial Committee to address and resolve the case.